Frequently asked questions
- What kind of pipet tips can I use in ELISPOT assays?
- I sometimes get streaks and irregular spots in the well bottoms. What could be causing this?
- Can I stack the plates in the incubator?
- What is the best way to dry the plates after development?
- How long can I store dried plates?
- Can I freeze T cells and still use them for Elispot?
- Does CTL provide assay protocols?
- What is your turn-around time for the scanning and analysis of Elispot plates?
- Does CTL provide trouble-shooting services together with the ScAnalysis and the scanning of ELISPOT plates?
- Is it possible to have double-color plates analyzed?
- Can I send plates via regular mail?
- Who will perform the scanning and analysis?
- What kind of data will be provided as a result of this service?
- Will I receive my plates back?
- Do I have the option of analyzing the plates myself?
- What types of plates can be analyzed with the ImmunoSpot® analyzer?
- How long does it take to scan a plate with the ImmunoSpot® analyzers?
- What types of plates can be analyzed with the FluoroSpot® analyzer?
- Do I need to use sterile plates?
- What can I do if my cell numbers are very low?
- What type of membrane does CTL recommend?
- Can I also use clear plates in ImmunoSpot® analyzers?
- At the moment, I use Agarose plates. Can these be analyzed as well?
- Can I use ImmunoSpot® systems to analyze clear bottom plates with "golden" spots (that is, spots developed using the gold-silver staining system)?
- How long can I store packaged sterile ELISPOT plates?
- How long can I store coated wet plates?
- Can the developed plates be autoclaved and re-used?
Good Laboratory Practice Compliance
- Does CTL have any expertise in GLP and 21 CFR part 11 compliance?
- How does the ImmunoSpot system comply with 21 CFR Part 11?
- Can all ImmunoSpot® analyzers be used for double-color analysis?
- What is the image resolution of the ImmunoSpot® analyzers?
- How is even illumination achieved in ImmunoSpot® analyzers?
- Which types of assays might make high resolution necessary?
- How large are the data files created in the scanning process?
- Do the pictures include the entire well bottom, or will the rims be cut off?