Reference Sample QC Sets
CTL Reference Sample QC Sets™ are crucial in assay standardization since T cell production of IFN-gamma and IL-2 measurement plays an important role in biomedical research and vaccine development.
CTL's Reference Sample QC Set™ can be used not only for validation and protocol setup purposes, but also to provide internal controls for clinical trials (same donor with known reactivity against specific peptide-antigens) every time an assay from the same trial is run. They offer outstanding inter-assay control. Based on validation results, the samples can be used to define cutoff values for acceptance of the assay.
Many applications can benefit from the usage of CTL’s Reference Sample QC Sets™, including:
- Intracytoplasmic cytokine staining (ICS)
- Cytokine ELISA assays
- Cytokine bead arrays (CBA)
- Cytokine protein arrays (CPA)
- Cytokine mRNA determinations (RT-PCR)
CTL-Europe's reference sample QC sets include the following:
- One vial of cyropreserved PBMC that bears a specified HLA-allele
- Three vials of ready-to-use HLA Class-I restricted peptides that elicit a high and low frequency and no response to IFN-gamma producing CD8 cells in the PBMC (virus, epitope, HLA restriction, and sequence provided).