BioSpot™ Software Suite
Here an overview of viral assays counted by ImmunoSpot® Readers:
- Viral titer
- Plaque Reduction Neutralization Assay (PRNT)
- Virus/serum neutralization
- Viral immune-colorimetric assay (ICA)
- Focus forming assay
- Intracellular inclusion assay
- Plaque Forming Unit / Focus-Forming Unit (PFU/FFU) assay
- Cytopathic Effect (CPE)
For examples of ImmunoSpot® Readers' use in SARS-CoV-2 assays follow this link.
For a key multi-color reference utilizing an ImmunoSpot® Reader for viral applications also see J. Immunol., 2015, 195: 3490.
ImmunoSpot® Readers excel in high throughput bacterial colony counting, in any well format, from 384 to Petri dish and square agar slabs.
- Serum bactericidal assays (SBA) and
- Opsono-Phagocytotic assays (OPK) are commonly counted by ImmunoSpot® Readers
For a key reference utilizing an ImmunoSpot® Reader for bacterial colony counting see J. Immunol. Methods. 2004, 292: 187.
ImmunoSpot® Readers are also uniquely suited for high throughput yeast colony counting, in any well format, from 384 to Petri dish, as applies to:
- Humanized yeast models
- Proteomics (Y2H)
- Antibiotic testing
For a key reference utilizing an ImmunoSpot® Reader for such applications see Cell Death & Disease, 2011, 2:188
High throughput is of essence for colony counting. In an optimized configuration, an ImmunoSpot® Reader can count a 384 well plate in less than one minute, with 400 plates in a single run.